Ski Mountaineering and Ski Touring Life Insurance
Ski mountaineering and ski touring Life Insurance
Do you like to escape the ski resort and travel away from the piste into the back country and mountains?
Whether your interest is moving through the mountains on skis or clipping into lightweight cross-country skis then speak to us about the cover that we can provide for you.
We were originally founded as Summit Financial Services, over 20 years ago, to provide Life Insurance, Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover for climbers. So, we have a great deal of experience in helping to provide financial protection for those who enjoy adventurous outdoor sports in the Winter mountains such as skiing or climbing.
As a quick outline of cover, if you are interested in a lump sum to be paid following an accident or natural death then you may want to consider chatting to us about Life Insurance for ski mountaineering or ski touring.
Alternatively, if you are worried that a skiing accident may leave you unable to work for a period of time then an Income Protection policy may be something you may want discuss with us.
Further, you may also want to enquire about the availability of Critical Illness Cover which could help to support you and your loved ones financially in the event of being diagnosed with a particular medical condition.
Life Insurance for ski mountaineering and ski touring
If you are worried about suffering misfortune in the mountains and want the reassurance that you have financial protection in place for an accident, injury or worse then speak to us about your skiing activities today.
We can help with enquiries in relation to a broad range of ski activities, outdoor adventure sports, hazardous pursuits and hazardous occupations. If you would like to know more please follow the above link or call today to discuss the types of protection that are available for you and your skiing activities.
Life Insurance, Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover for ski mountaineering and ski touring
There are a number of financial protection alternatives available for skiers who want to make provision for loved ones, cover mortgage payments or bills should an accident (or worse) happen whilst participating in skiing.
Your enquiry will be handled by a specialist sports adviser and they will discuss your protection options in relation to you, your circumstances, employment, recreation and skiing activities.
Ski mountaineering and ski touring insurance company
Enquire today to discuss the options that are available for you. You can talk to us about cover for many types of skiing activities (e.g. alpine, back country, cross country, biathlon, downhill, freestyle, heliskiing, nordic, off piste, touring, telemark) in addition to discussing your mountaineering or touring on skis.
Skiing mountaineering and ski touring accident insurance
If you are you concerned about financial peace of mind, should an accident or injury (or worse) happen whilst participating in skiing, then contact us today.
In addition to skiing we can also help with enquiries for a whole range of outdoor activities and hazardous pursuits – just give us a call to discuss the options available for you and your ski activities.
Be prepared: ski mountaineering and ski touring skills
Venturing away from the prepared piste and the comforts of a resort in winter conditions can require additional stamina and skills, such as:
- Personal fitness and endurance
- Communication and group management
- Weather and environment awareness (e.g. hours of daylight and sunset time)
- First Aid skills
- Avalanche assessment and risk management
- Route choice matched with skills and abilities of the group
- Route selection, map reading & navigation abilities
- Use of skins
- Transceiver, probe and shovel use & search expertise
- Ropework, belaying, climbing protection placement, ice axe and crampon skills
- Crevasse rescue skills
A Life Insurance company for ski mountaineers and ski tourers
Your personal sports adviser will be pleased to discuss many types of financial protection for skiing, such as:
- Life Insurance
- Mortgage Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income Protection
In addition, for those who keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you can also speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions – ski mountaineers and ski tourers Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection
If you have any queries about the options available for skiing then please call or contact us online to discuss the best deal we can offer you for your skiing and personal circumstances.
We deal with many people who enjoy the outdoors and are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings for my ski mountaineering or touring activities?
- Are there any restrictions to a policy because of ski mountaineering or ski touring activities?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance for my ski activities?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available for skiers?
- Because of my skiing activities can I obtain Income Protection?
- Can skiers obtain Health Insurance or Private Medical Insurance?
- How do I find out more about Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness cover for ski mountaineering and ski touring?
When you enquire about a policy with us, we will take into consideration a number of details in relation to you, your skiing and other activities in which you engage.
As with any enquiry for this type of cover it is important that you declare your occupation, lifestyle, medical, skiing, other sporting activities and other questions completely.
For example, your personal situation and ski related questions may relate to:
- Lifestyle (e.g. alcohol consumption, exercise and smoking)
- Height (ft/cm)
- Weight (lb/kg)
- Health, well-being and any pre-existing medical conditions
A more specific list of recreation related questions will be based on your individual ski and snow sport participation but could include, for example, your:
- Current employment or occupation
- Type of skiing activities pursued
- Grade of ski run / piste skied
- Skiing locations – UK, Europe (e.g. Val Thorens, Courchevel, Val-d’Isere, Chamonix, Zermatt, Verbier) or Worldwide destinations
- Employment location (e.g. UK, Europe and/or Worldwide)
- Maximum altitude
- Level and type of participation (e.g. recreational or instructor)
- Governing Body membership (e.g. Ski Club of Great Britain / BASI / British or Scottish Mountaineering Councils)
- Current income (e.g. if you are making an enquiry about cover for your income)
In addition, as part of your enquiry, we will also discuss with you the amount of protection you require and the duration over which you would like cover, including:
- The amount of financial protection you require (£)
- The length of policy you require (number of years years)
- The type of policy you require (e.g. decreasing or level term)
A combination of your skiing activities, lifestyle, personal health, participation in other sports, occupational information and other factors, such as those detailed above, will assist in the determination of your premium.
Can Sports Financial Services assist me if I already have a Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness Insurance policy in place?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, for your ski and skiing activities, we will still be happy to hear from you. Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
Business cover those who enjoy ski mountaineering or touring
For those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider discussing different cover options, such as Key Person Insurance, Relevant Life Insurance or Shareholder Protection.
Next steps: what can I expect when I make an enquiry about cover for my ski mountaineering or ski touring activities?
At Sports Financial Services we pride ourselves on providing those who enjoy extreme sports and hazardous pursuits with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your ski and sports needs, your personal circumstances and your cover
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports, adventure sports and hazardous occupations
- Personal service and a quick response to your ski, sports and lifestyle questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for your skiing (or a whole range of other hazardous pursuits) then please call and speak to an experienced sports adviser at Sports Financial Services today on 0345 565 0935.
Or, to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As a hazardous sport, extreme sport and adventure sport specialist we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits to find cover that is suitable for their needs.