Life Insurance for outdoor instructors
If you lead groups in the outdoors and are concerned about providing for a family, meeting mortgage payments or bills should an accident (or worse) happen please speak to a specialist at Sports Financial Services today.
We were originally founded, over 20 years ago, as Summit Financial Services to meet the financial protection needs of climbers, hillwalkers and mountaineers. We still operate as Summit Financial Services (www.summit-fs.co.uk) with Sports Financial Services representing an even wider range of outdoor sports.
Insurance company for outdoor instructors
As extreme and hazardous sports specialists we work with you to investigate what cover is available to suit your circumstances.
Whether you are a member of the Mountain Training Association, Association of Mountaineering Instructors, British Association of International Mountain Leaders or British Mountain Guides we’ll be happy to discuss your needs.
Contact us today to discuss your requirements and the options available in relation to your work as an outdoor instructor and your qualification level, for example:
- Indoor Climbing Assistant
- Climbing Wall Instructor
- Rock Climbing Instructor
- Climbing Wall Development Instructor
- Foundation Coach
- Development Coach
- Lowland Leader Award
- Hill and Moorland Leader Award
- Mountain Leader Award
- Winter Mountain Leader Award
- International Mountain Leader
- Mountaineering and Climbing Instructor
- Winter Mountaineering and Climbing Instructor
- IFMGA Mountain Guide
But, don’t worry if you don’t see your outdoor activity instructor level above. Because we specialise you can speak to us about cover for a wide range of outdoor sports – just contact us to discuss your needs with one of our experts.
Life Insurance options for outdoor instructors
You can talk to us about different insurance options in relation to you providing for a family or covering mortgage payments should an accident (or worse) happen.
If you are concerned about cover for injury, accident, income, life or health then talk to us to discuss the options available for you.
Outdoor instructors: how do I find out more about insurance cover?
As an extreme sport and extreme occupation specialist, we have developed knowledge and experience in providing financial protection for those who engage recreationally and occupationally in outdoor sports.
Broadly, we specialise in three types of cover:
- Life Insurance – typically a lump sum to pay off a mortgage, debts or provide a for a family in the event of death.
- Critical Illness Cover – financial peace of mind in the event that you are diagnosed with a specific condition detailed in the policy.
- Income Protection – if you are concerned that an accident or illness may prevent you from working for a period of time then an Income Protection policy maybe something to discuss with us.
Depending on the specifics of your occupation or recreation there may be loadings, restrictions or exclusions applied to certain types of cover.
We work with the whole of market rather than being restricted to a captive or select number of financial products or services.
In addition, if you keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Outdoor instructors – frequently asked questions:
To discuss the options available to you please call or contact us online to discuss the best deal we can offer you based on your sport, lifestyle and needs.
Our regular engagement with people who participate in many extreme sports and occupations means that we are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings because of my sport or occupational activities?
- Are there any restrictions to policies because of my participation in outdoor sport?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because of my recreation, occupation and lifestyle?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available?
- Because of my occupational and recreational activities can I obtain Income Protection?
What is the process of applying for Life Insurance for outdoor instructors?
If you enquire about cover with us, we will discuss a number of details in relation to you, your occupation, your sport and your lifestyle.
As with any enquiry for this type of cover it is important that you declare information about your sports, occupation, lifestyle, pre-existing medical conditions, hazardous activities and other questions completely.
This will assist us in guiding you through the journey of applying for cover:
- A fact-find of your needs – discovering what you do and your particular needs
- Researching providers of cover and the availability of cover for the type of sport you participate
- Contacting and liaising with insurers
- Discussing if there are any exclusions, loadings or restrictions as a result of the information you have disclosed
- Discussing premium options, costs and payment terms.
In general, the availability of cover and premiums for cover are dependent on a range of factors such as personal health, family history, lifestyle, occupation and type of sporting activities pursued.
Deciding on the amount of cover that is right for you can involve many factors such as the need to cover bills, mortgage payments or a lumpsum for a partner or family should the worst happen.
In choosing the duration over which you would like cover you may want to consider your life stage and the need to meet obligations such as providing for a family, meeting bill obligations or paying off a mortgage.
Can you still help me if I already have Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness policy in place?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, we will still be happy to hear from you.
Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
If you have been declined Life Insurance cover previously it does not mean that you will not be able to get cover again. It may be the case that your specific circumstances have changed or new insurers have come to the market with new products – so it is always worth a quick enquiry.
Next steps: what can I expect when I make an enquiry about cover for outdoor instructors?
You can be assured that the team at Sports Financial Services take pride in providing those who enjoy hazardous pursuits with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your needs, your lifestyle, your personal circumstances, your sport or occupation and the options available to you
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports and hazardous occupations
- Personal service and a quick response to your questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at contact times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for hazardous pursuits or occupations then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today for a free, no-obligation quote, on 0345 565 0935.
Or, if you would like to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As hazardous, extreme and adventure sport specialists we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits and occupations to find cover that is suitable for their needs.