Industrial Rope Access Worker Life Insurance
Industrial rope access worker life insurance
There are a number of options available for industrial rope access technicians who want to provide for a family, protect mortgage payments or bills should an accident happen whilst engaged in rope access activities.
Working at heights presents a number of risks and this a may mean that certain exclusions or restrictions may apply to certain types of financial protection. When you enquire your specialist adviser at Sports Financial Services will discuss the cover options available to you.
Activities considered to be higher risk, by underwriters, can include such things as:
- Working at heights (over 40ft)
- Off-shore locations
- Hazardous environments
- Use of dangerous equipment or tools
- Certain geographic locations
Each enquiry for financial protection is individual and we will discuss the risks involved in your lifestyle and industrial rope work activities. This may involve discussion of factors that span your lifestyle, work and qualifications (e.g. IRATA level 1,2,3).
Working at height and financial protection
Sports Financial Services have a long history of working with people that pursue hazardous sports and hazardous occupations.
We specialise in three types of cover:
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income Protection
In addition, if you maintain a regular fitness plan to keep you fit for life and work, you can also speak to us about policies that reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Industrial rope access technician insurance
If you are concerned that an accident or significant injury could seriously affect your work, income, ability to pay bills and provide for your family then contact us today.
You may want to discuss cover for rope access work in industries and environments, such as:
- Energy, power, mechanical, chemical, petrochemical or renewables
- Marine, ship and harbour
- Off shore oil and gas
- On shore oil and gas
- Natural environment
- Industrial structures
- Commercial built environment (e.g. sports stadiums)
- Residential housing, buildings and construction
- Infrastructure (e.g. airports, bridges, dams)
Or, for activities, such as:
- Commercial window cleaning
- Construction workers
- NDT Non-destructive testing
- Tree surgery
- Window cleaning
Even if your industry or activity is not listed above please feel free to contact us to discuss your needs.
Industrial rope access worker life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection FAQs
If you have any specific questions about financial protection for working at height then please contact us to discover the best deal we can offer you.
We are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Are there any premium loadings for my rope access activities?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance as an industrial rope access worker?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available to me?
- Can I get Health Insurance or Private Medical Insurance as a rope access technician?
What is the process to apply for cover for industrial rope access workers?
If you enquire about cover for rope access work we will take into consideration a number of factors relating to your activities working at height and your lifestyle.
It is important that you declare your occupation, work activities, lifestyle, medical and other questions completely.
Typical life and lifestyle questions, that relate to your enquiry for cover as an industrial rope access worker, may include your:
- Health, fitness & lifestyle (e.g. smoking and/or alcohol consumption)
- Weight (lb/kg)
- Health history
Different providers of cover my ask additional questions relating to you rope access work, such as:
- Your current occupation
- Sector or industry in which you work
- Type of rope access activities in which you participate
- Typical / maximum working heights
- Any use of dangerous equipment, machinery or chemicals
- Hours per week spent working at height
- Geographic location of work (UK and/or international deployment)
- Any work in dangerous locations (e.g. offshore, dangerous countries)
- Hours based outdoors vs office-based hours
- IRATA membership
- Professional training and qualifications (e.g. IRATA level 1,2,3)
- License, qualifications, certificates and experience
- Income (for Income Protection)
The additional hazards of working offshore may also require a few additional questions to discuss, such as:
- Transport methods to offshore platforms/locations
- Location of work (e.g. Gulf / North Sea)
- Percentage of time offshore vs. onshore
- Work combined with other technical activities (e.g. diving)
As part of your enquiry for cover we will also discuss with you the amount of protection you require and the duration of the cover you would like, for example:
- The quantity of cover or protection you require (£ GBP)
- The duration of the policy you require (number of years)
- The detailed type of policy required (e.g. decreasing or level)
Your recreational and occupational information, for example that detailed above, will help determine the premium you have to pay for your cover for your lifestyle and rope access activities.
Industrial rope access worker life insurance cost
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere for your working at height activities, Sports Financial Services will be happy to hear from you, even if only to provide peace of mind that cover and premiums are comparable with current market products for your occupation.
Business protection and rope access workers
For those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider speaking to us about cover options such as Key Person cover.
How to make your enquiry for cover as a rope access worker
At Sports Financial Services we pride ourselves on providing you with:
- Personal and confidential service
- Experienced advisers in hazardous sports and hazardous occupations
- A quick response to your rope access work questions
- Support from a Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- Easy application process conducted around times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for a whole range of occupational and recreational activities then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today on 0345 565 0935.
Or, to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As a hazardous sport and occupation specialists we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits to find cover that is suitable for their needs.