Contractor life insurance
Contractor life insurance
There are a number of options available for contractors who want to provide for their family, protect mortgage payments or bills should an accident happen whilst engaged in contracting activities.
Contracting spans a number of different industries and activities and each brings a different set of risks.
Depending on the nature of the work and the risks involved certain exclusions or restrictions may apply to certain types of financial protection. When you enquire your specialist adviser at Sports Financial Services will discuss the cover options available to your line of contracting work.
For example, activities considered to be higher risk by underwriters, could include such things as:
- Working at heights (over 40ft)
- Working in off-shore locations
- Hazardous environments
- Use of dangerous equipment, chemicals or tools
- Certain geographic locations
Each enquiry for financial protection is individual and we will discuss the risks involved in your lifestyle and contracting activities. This may involve discussion of factors that span your lifestyle, work and qualifications relevant to your industry.
Contracting and financial protection
Sports Financial Services have a long history of working with people that pursue hazardous sports and hazardous occupations.
We specialise in three types of financial protection:
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income Protection
In addition, if you maintain a regular fitness plan, you can also speak to us about policies that reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Contractor insurance cover
If you are concerned that an accident or significant injury could seriously affect your work, income, ability to pay bills and provide for your family then contact us today.
Contractors can work in a variety of industries and activities, for example:
- Air conditioning
- Commercial window cleaning
- Construction work
- Commercial building and construction
- Residential housing, buildings and construction
- Window cleaning
- Window fitting
Whatever your activity or industry please feel free to contact us to discuss your financial protection needs.
Contractor life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection FAQs
If you have any specific questions about cover for contractors then please contact us to discuss the best deal we can offer you.
We are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Are there any premium loadings for my contractor activities?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance as a contractor?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available to me?
- Can I obtain Income Protection Cover?
- Can I get Health Insurance or Private Medical Insurance?
What is the process to apply for cover for industrial rope access workers?
If you enquire about cover for your work as a contractor, we will take into consideration a number of factors relating to your contracting activities and your lifestyle.
It is important that you declare your occupation, work activities, lifestyle, medical and other questions completely.
Typical life and lifestyle questions, that relate to your enquiry for cover as a contractor, may include your:
- Health, fitness & lifestyle (e.g. smoking and/or alcohol consumption)
- Weight (lb/kg)
- Health history
Different providers of cover my ask additional questions relating to you work, such as:
- Your current occupation
- Sector or industry in which you work
- Type of contracting activities in which you participate
- Typical / maximum working heights
- Any use of dangerous equipment, machinery or chemicals
- Hours per week spent working at height
- Geographic location of work (UK and/or international deployment)
- Any work in dangerous locations (e.g. offshore, dangerous countries)
- Hours based outdoors vs office-based hours
- Any relevant professional training and qualifications
- License, certificates and experience
- Income (for Income Protection)
If your contracting work takes you offshore then we may also discuss, such items as:
- Transport methods to offshore platforms/locations
- Location of work (e.g. Gulf / North Sea)
- Percentage of time offshore vs. onshore
- Work combined with other technical activities (e.g. diving)
As part of your enquiry for cover we will also discuss with you the amount of cover you require and the duration of the cover you would like, for example:
- The quantity of cover or protection you require (£ GBP)
- The duration of the policy you require (number of years)
- The detailed type of policy required (e.g. decreasing or level term)
Your recreational and occupational information, such as that detailed above, will help determine the premium you have to pay for your cover for your lifestyle and contractor activities.
Contractor life insurance cost
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere for your contractor activities, Sports Financial Services will be happy to hear from you, even if only to provide peace of mind that cover and premiums are comparable with current market products for your lifestyle and occupation.
Business protection and contractors
For those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider speaking to us about cover options such as Key Person cover.
How to make your enquiry for cover as a rope access worker
At Sports Financial Services we pride ourselves on providing you with:
- Personal and confidential service
- Experienced advisers in hazardous sports and hazardous occupations
- A quick response to your questions
- Support from a Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
Easy application process conducted around times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for a whole range of occupational and recreational activities then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today on 0345 565 0935.
Or, to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As a hazardous sport and occupation specialists we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits to find cover that is suitable for their needs.