Can I get Life Insurance for rope access and IRATA work?
Sports Financial Services has developed an expertise in providing financial protection for a wide range of hazardous sports and hazardous occupations.
We were originally founded, over 20 years ago, as Summit Financial Services (www.summit-fs.co.uk) to provide Life Insurance for climbers, hillwalkers and mountaineers. Over time a number of climbers approached us to discuss their need for cover for their occupational activities including rope access work.
Such interaction with those who engage in hazardous occupations and hazardous recreational pursuits has allowed us to develop our specialist knowledge of extreme sports and extreme occupations.
As rope access work involves working at heights this presents a number of risks that may mean certain exclusions or restrictions may apply to certain types of financial protection. To discuss the options available for industrial rope access technicians who want to provide for a family, protect mortgage payments or bills should an accident happen please contact us today.
Insurance company for rope access and IRATA work
As hazardous occupation and recreation specialist we work with you to investigate what cover is available to suit your needs.
Our experience of assisting those who work at height means that we are happy to discuss cover for rope access work.
Contact us today to discuss your needs, your rope access work and the sector, industry and environment in which you operate, for example:
- Energy, power, mechanical, chemical, petrochemical, renewables or green energy
- Marine, ship and harbour
- Off shore oil and gas
- On shore oil and gas
- Commercial window cleaning
- Construction work
- Inspection / testing
- Offshore work
- Tree surgery
- Window cleaning
- Wind turbines and wind energy
- Natural environment
- Industrial structures
- Commercial built environment (e.g., sports stadiums, tourist attractions)
- Residential housing, buildings and construction
- Infrastructure (e.g., airports, bridges, dams)
- Don’t worry if you don’t see your activity above. Because we specialise you can speak to us about cover options for a wide array of hazardous occupational activities – just contact us to discuss your needs with one of our experts.
Life Insurance options for rope access work
You can talk to us about different insurance options in relation to you providing for a family or covering mortgage payments should an accident (or worse) happen.
If you are concerned about cover for injury, accident, income, life or health then talk to us to discuss the options available for you.
How do I find out more about rope access and IRATA work insurance cover?
As an extreme sport and extreme occupation specialist, we have developed knowledge and experience in offering financial protection.
Broadly, we specialise in three types of cover:
- Life Insurance – typically a lump sum to pay off a mortgage, debts or provide a for a family in the event of death.
- Critical Illness Cover – financial peace of mind in the event that you are diagnosed with a specific condition detailed in the policy.
- Income Protection – if you are concerned that an accident or illness may prevent you from working for a period of time then an Income Protection policy maybe something to discuss with us.
Depending on the specifics of an occupation there may be loadings, restrictions or exclusions applied to certain types of cover.
We work with the whole of market rather than being restricted to a captive or select number of financial products or services.
In addition, if you keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Rope access and IRATA insurance – some frequently asked questions:
To discuss the options available to you please call or contact us online to discuss the best deal we can offer you based on your sport, lifestyle and needs.
Our regular engagement with people who participate in many hazardous sports and occupations means that we are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings because of my rope access activities?
- Are there any restrictions to policies because of the activities I pursue?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because of my sports, occupation and lifestyle?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available for my occupation?
- Because of my occupational activities can I obtain Income Protection?
What is the process of applying for Life Insurance for rope access and IRATA workers?
If you enquire about cover with us, we will discuss a number of details in relation to you, your occupation and your lifestyle.
As with any enquiry for this type of cover it is important that you declare information about your occupation, lifestyle, pre-existing medical conditions, hazardous activities and other questions completely.
This will assist us in guiding you through the journey of applying for cover:
- A fact-find of your needs – discovering what you do and your particular needs
- Researching providers of cover and the availability of cover for the type of rope access / IRATA you pursue
- Contacting and liaising with insurers
- Discussing if there are any exclusions, loadings or restrictions as a result of the information you have disclosed (e.g., your health or working at height)
- Discussing premium options, costs and payment terms.
In general, the availability of cover and premiums for cover are dependent on a range of factors such as personal health, family history, lifestyle, occupation and type of sporting activities pursued.
Deciding on the amount of cover that is right for you can involve many factors such as the need to cover bills, mortgage payments or a lumpsum for a partner or family should the worst happen.
In choosing the duration over which you would like cover you may want to consider your life stage and the need to meet obligations such as providing for a family, meeting bill obligations or paying off a mortgage.
What types of questions will I be asked when applying for rope access work Life Insurance?
We will start with a personal discussion about you to ascertain your needs and understand various aspect of your work at heights, such as:
- Lifestyle (e.g., alcohol consumption, exercise and smoking)
- Health, well-being and any pre-existing medical conditions
- Current employment, job title or occupation
- Employment location (e.g., UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Height (ft/cm)
- Weight (lb/kg)
Different providers of cover may ask additional questions relating to you rope access work, such as:
- Sector or industry in which you work
- Type of rope access activities in which you participate
- Typical / maximum working heights
- Hours per week spent working at height
- Hours based outdoors vs office-based hours
- Professional body membership, training and qualifications (e.g., IRATA level 1,2,3)
- Work in hazardous environments with additional hazards (e.g., offshore, dangerous countries)
- Location of work (e.g., UK, Europe or Worldwide)
- Percentage of time working offshore vs. onshore
- Any use of dangerous equipment, machinery or chemicals
- Current income (for an enquiry for Income Protection)
In addition, as part of your enquiry, we will also discuss with you the duration of cover and amounts required, including:
- The amount of financial protection you require (£)
- The length of policy you require (number of years years)
- The type of policy you require (e.g., increasing, decreasing or level term)
A combination of your activities, lifestyle, personal health, recreation, occupation and other factors, such as those detailed above, will assist in the determination the options that will be available to you and the associated premiums.
Can you still help me if I already have Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness policy in place for rope access work?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, we will still be happy to hear from you.
Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
What if I run a business but undertake hazardous work or sports?
For those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider discussing different cover options with us, such as Key Person Insurance, Relevant Life Insurance or Shareholder Protection.
Next steps: what can I expect when I make an enquiry about cover for rope access or IRATA work?
You can be assured that the team at Sports Financial Services take pride in providing those who enjoy hazardous pursuits with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your needs, your lifestyle, your personal circumstances, your sport or occupation and the options available to you
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports and hazardous occupations
- Personal service and a quick response to your questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at contact times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for hazardous pursuits or occupations then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today for a free, no-obligation quote, on 0345 565 0935.
Or, if you would like to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As a hazardous, extreme and adventure sport specialist we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits and occupations to find cover that is suitable for their needs.