Can I get Life Insurance for hazardous occupations?
Do you have a hazardous occupation and are concerned about providing for a family, meeting mortgage payments or bills should an accident (or worse) happen?
Sports Financial Services were originally founded, over 20 years ago, as Summit Financial Services to meet the needs of climbers, hillwalkers and mountaineers. As we engaged with an increasing number of people who enjoyed the outdoors, we received more enquiries from people who participated in a wide range of other outdoor sports.
Over time this led to the creation of Sports Financial Services to offer financial protection for a wide range of extreme sports. In turn, as this service developed, we discovered a need for extreme occupational cover for a number of people who carried their extreme recreational pursuits into challenging occupations.
Hazardous occupations insurance company
As extreme and hazardous sports and occupation specialists we work with you to investigate what cover is available to suit your needs.
Contact us today to discuss your needs and the options available in relation to your specific hazardous occupation.
Hazardous occupations arise in many industries, for example:
Agriculture / farming
- Agricultural mechanic
Building, construction & trades
- Brick / stone mason
- Building maintenance
- Heating and ventilation technician
Gardening / Forestry
- Ground maintenance workers
- Tree surgeon
- Iron / steel worker
- Refuse and recycling worker
- Royal Air Force
- Oil workers
- Gas workers
- Aircraft pilot
- Boat captain & crew
- Bus driver
- Delivery driver
- Taxi driver
- Truck / HGV driver
Working at height
- Rope access / IRATA
But, don’t worry if you don’t see your occupation above. Because we specialise you can speak to us about cover for a wide range of hazardous occupations – just contact us to discuss your needs with one of our experts.
Life Insurance options for hazardous occupations
You can talk to us about different insurance options in relation to you providing for a family or covering mortgage payments should an accident (or worse) happen.
If you are concerned about cover for injury, accident, income, life or health then talk to us to discuss the options available for you.
Hazardous occupations: how do I find out more about insurance cover?
As an extreme sport and occupation specialist, we have developed knowledge and experience in providing financial protection for those who engage in hazardous activities.
Broadly, we specialise in three types of cover:
- Life Insurance – typically a lump sum to pay off a mortgage, debts or provide a for a family in the event of death.
- Critical Illness Cover – financial peace of mind in the event that you are diagnosed with a specific condition detailed in the policy.
- Income Protection – if you are concerned that an accident or illness may prevent you from working for a period of time then an Income Protection policy maybe something to discuss with us.
Depending on the specifics of your occupation or recreation there may be loadings, restrictions or exclusions applied to certain types of cover.
We work with the whole of market rather than being restricted to a captive or select number of financial products or services.
In addition, if you keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Hazardous occupations – frequently asked questions:
To discuss the options available to you please call or contact us online to discuss the best deal we can offer you based on your sport, lifestyle and needs.
Our regular engagement with people who participate in many extreme sports and occupations means that we are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings because of my occupational activities?
- Are there any restrictions to policies because of my occupation?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because of my occupation and lifestyle?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available for my occupation?
- Because of my occupational activities can I obtain Income Protection?
What is the process of applying for Life Insurance for participants in hazardous occupations?
If you enquire about cover with us, we will discuss a number of details in relation to you, your occupation and your lifestyle.
As with any enquiry for this type of cover it is important that you declare information about your recreational activities, occupation, lifestyle, pre-existing medical conditions, hazardous activities and other questions completely.
This will assist us in guiding you through the journey of applying for cover:
- A fact-find of your needs – discovering what you do and your particular needs
- Researching providers of cover and the availability of cover for the type of occupation in which you engage
- Contacting and liaising with insurers
- Discussing if there are any exclusions, loadings or restrictions as a result of the information you have disclosed
- Discussing premium options, costs and payment terms.
In general, the availability of cover and premiums for cover are dependent on a range of factors such as personal health, family history, lifestyle, occupation and type of occupational activities pursued.
Deciding on the amount of cover that is right for you can involve many factors such as the need to cover bills, mortgage payments or a lumpsum for a partner or family should the worst happen.
In choosing the duration over which you would like cover you may want to consider your life stage and the need to meet obligations such as providing for a family, meeting bill obligations or paying off a mortgage.
Can you still help me if I already have Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness policy in place for my occupation?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, we will still be happy to hear from you.
Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
If you have been declined Life Insurance cover previously it does not mean that you will not be able to get cover again. It may be the case that your specific circumstances have changed or new insurers have come to the market with new products – so it is always worth a quick enquiry.
Next steps: what can I expect when I make an enquiry about cover for hazardous occupations?
You can be assured that the team at Sports Financial Services take pride in providing those who enjoy hazardous pursuits with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your needs, your lifestyle, your personal circumstances, your occupation and the options available to you
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports and hazardous occupations
Personal service and a quick response to your questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at contact times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for hazardous pursuits or occupations then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today for a free, no-obligation quote, on 0345 565 0935.
Or, if you would like to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As hazardous, extreme and adventure sport specialists we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits and occupations to find cover that is suitable for their needs.